Tips for Selling a Home
Price: Set your price too high and you risk losing potential buyers; set it too low, and you won’t maximize return on your investment. A detailed market analysis helps you determine a realistic selling price for your home. To start, look at what homes are selling for on your street. To find out what neighborhood homes are selling for, free of charge, navigate to the Property Search in the top navigation of this site and click on Sold Search.
Curb Appeal: The way your home looks from the street could make the difference between whether someone stops and takes a flyer or drives right on by. Simple things like mowing the lawn or putting on a fresh coat of paint can go a long way.
Staging: Once homebuyers are inside the door, you want them to be able to imagine themselves in the space. De-clutter, depersonalize and try to imagine seeing the space for the first time.
Don’t Forget Closing Costs: Accepting the offer is just the first step. Additional costs to expect:
- Title insurance fees depend on the sales price of the home.
- Broker's commission is a full-service fee and will be paid at closing.
- Local property transfer tax, county transfer tax, state transfer tax, and state capital gains tax are the charges that you'll pay for the privilege of selling your home. Credit to the buyer of unpaid real estate taxes for the prior or current year are variable and depend on when you close and when your taxes are due.
- FHA fees and costs are all fees are now negotiable between an FHA buyer and seller.
- Home inspections fees are in some circumstances paid for by the seller and include pest, radon and other inspections.
- Miscellaneous fees can accrue from correcting problems noticed during the home inspection.
- Contact me today for a detailed estimate of potential closing costs
Log in to see your saved listings or edit your searches:
No account? Sign up now to save searches, listings, and get tailored listing notifications. It's free, opt-out anytime.