This past week I attended the VermontRealtorsSymposium and Brokers' Summit held at the Equinox Resort down in Manchester. It was an informative and productive couple of days, and I thoroughly enjoyed spending the night and using the spa! One of the courses we took was named "Digital Security for 2014". I wanted to share the 5 top points that were discussed that I am certainly going to focus on over the next few months. An interesting quote that was shared with us was "there are now only two types of companies left in the United States: those that have been hacked and those that don't know they've been hacked".
1. Improve your password - this is your weakest link! BTW, "password" is not a password.
2. Secure your devices - screenlock, automatic data erasing and utilizing the cloud!
3. Pay attention to what you download - check your apps!
4. Develop a plan for storing your documents safely - be aware that there is no assurance of deletion (unless it's something you really need, of course :)
5. Sign documents securely - avoid "free" signature signing services!
Also, I have a gorgeous new listing that I am very excited to share with you. 136 Shaw Mansion Road features an incredible view and sits high up in Waterbury Center, out of that nasty flood plain. Please call me anytime to discuss or to schedule a showing. Don't wait...I already have four showings scheduled!